Members – Please Join Us!
Hampden Park Co-op Annual Meeting
This Sunday, October 29th • 6:00–8:30 pm
St. Cecilia's Church • 2357 Bayless Pl.
Investing in Local Cooperative Economies Today for a Better Future Tomorrow!
6:00 – 6:30 PM
• Music & Food: Dawn Tanner and guests will be playing great acoustic music as we gather and share food. More about Dawn at dawntannermusic.com
HPC will provide delicious soup, bread, dessert and coffee. Feel free to bring a dish to share but not required!
6:30 – 8:30 PM
• Introduction, GM Report, Board Candidate Presentations: General Manager Christina Nicholson will present the year in review and introduce the evenings events.
Three board candidates are running; each will provide a 2–3 minute introduction.
• Guest Presentation: Our legacy of community includes supporting other cooperatives, and we welcome Danielle Mkali, director of the North Star Black Cooperative Fall Fellowship through Nexus Community Partners, and Sarah Handley from the Association for Black Economic Power (ABEP) to discuss the emerging opportunity for Village Trust Financial Cooperative, a credit union in North Minneapolis.
This cooperative will have direct positive economic impact by building common economic investment and using those investments to nurture growth and well being in the area. If interested, members can fill out a pledge to put money on deposit with the new credit union. Find out more about North Star Black Cooperative Fellowship and ABEP.
• Financial Overview: Finance Committee Chair Lucia Cowles will discuss last year's financial performance, early indicators for our current fiscal year, and answer some questions from the floor.
• Ballots & Voting: Ballots will be handed out, and per our bylaws, nominations from the floor can also be taken. Ballots will be due and counted; new board members are announced at the end of the meeting.
• Conversation About the Future: Board Chair Martha Hotchkiss will introduce Leslie Watson, from CDS Consulting Co-op, for a facilitated discussion about several opportunities regarding our future. More about CDS at cdsconsulting.coop
Seven tables will be available, each with a different topic. Members choose three topics they're interested in. After three 10-minute rounds, we gather together again as a whole to discuss what, as members, we're most excited about.
During this time there is also an opportunity to meet board candidates, learn more about Village Trust Financial Cooperative, or dig into more financial specifics.
• End of the Meeting: New board members will be announced, and any remaining food packed up to take home.
The Annual Meeting will be a zero-waste event – we hope to see you there!