Minnesota Food Share March Campaign & the Cooperating Minnesota Food Co-ops
The largest grassroots food & fund drive in the state, the March Campaign of Minnesota FoodShare brings together community to help stock nearly 300 food shelves statewide. Envisioning a Minnesota where all residents have access to healthy food and no one struggles with food insecurity, they advocate for long-term solutions. Learn more here.
Hampden Park is one of 16 co-ops partnering as the “Cooperating Minnesota Food Co-ops” to support over 20 community food shelves. Our collective goal is an impressive 141,450 dollars / pounds! We're in good company with:
· St. Peter Food Co-op, St. Peter
· Just Food Co-op, Northfield
· Whole Foods Co-op, Duluth
· River Market Community Co-op, Stillwater
· People's Food Co-op, Rochester
· City Center Market, Cambridge
· Seward Community Co-op, Minneapolis
· Eastside Food Co-op, Minneapolis
· Lakewinds Food Co-op, Eden Prairie
· Valley Natural Foods, Burnsville
· Spiral Natural Foods, Hastings
· Wedge + Linden Hills Co-op, Minneapolis
· Cook County Whole Foods Co-op, Grand Marais
· Natural Harvest Co-op, Virginia
· Mississippi Market Natural Foods Co-op, St. Paul
HPC is specifically supporting our local food shelf operated by Keystone Community Services. Keystone began in 1939 as a small neighborhood community center – and today reaches more than 30,000 people in Ramsey County through a variety of human services such as youth programming, senior services, food shelves and distribution, and crisis support.
Keystone operates 3 food shelves (our neighborhood one is at 1916 University near Prior) plus a foodmobile designed to give access to groceries and other emergency services, and to provide healthy choices and supplemental food sources to keep families on the right track – empowering them to build self-sufficiency and healthy eating habits. Read more here.
So round-up when checking out, and/or leave donations of non-perishable food & household products at the main register. Help our cooperating co-ops meet our goal, and help households in need!